Chocolates are the favourite of all. Our mouth starts watering when we hear the name chocolates. It serves as a perfect sweet option during Diwali or Christmas. Children are especially fond of it and love to savour it. It would be even better and attract more if the chocolates are presented in decorative baskets. It suits the occasion and the curiosity increases. Considering all these facts, we will show you how to make an easy DIY paper basket for chocolates which can also be used for gifting purpose.
Let’s see the step by step tutorial on how to make an easy accordion DIY paper basket for chocolates!
- Colour papers
- Glue gun
- Decorative pearls
- White paper
- Golden pearls
- Glue stick
Procedure To Make DIY Paper Basket
- Take a colour paper sheet and fold it into two equal halves.
- Cut along the folded portion.
- We need 6 such pieces.
- Fold each piece into small strips in either direction to form an accordion.
- Make 6 such accordion pieces.
- Paste each piece end to end and repeat this process for all the six pieces.
- Paste the two ends of the accordion sheet to form a circle.
Let’s Learn how to make Paper Ornament Star for a stunning easy Home Decoration idea…
- Take a cardboard and cut out a circle from it.
- Take the same colour paper sheet and draw an outline using the cardboard circle piece.
- Cut the outer portion of the sheet into small pieces from the base of the circle till the edges.
- Paste the cardboard on the circular sheet and use the cut out portions to cover the backside of the cardboard.
- Give the circular accordion a basket shape with your hand.
- Paste the basket on the circular cardboard. It forms the base of the basket.
We bring for you 7 fantastic and uber simple hacks on easy home decoration ideas for Christmas.
- To make the handle of the basket, use a thin cardboard strip measuring 2cm in diameter.
- Cut out 2 colour paper strips measuring 4 cm in diameter.
- Paste the 2 strips end to end and use it to wrap the cardboard strip.
- On the inner side of the cardboard strip paste another colour paper sheet and wrap it completely.
- Use glue and stick the handle at both sides of the basket.
- We will now prepare decorative flowers to decorate the basket.
- With a ruler, measure 4.5*4.5 cm dimension on a white paper sheet and cut it out.
- In a similar manner, measure 5.5*5.5 cm dimension and cut the paper sheet.
- We need 9 such pieces of the smaller dimension and 3 pieces of the higher dimension.
- Fold these pieces twice from the centre.
- Fold it in a triangle shape and draw a leaf shape on the pieces.
- Cut along the leaf shape and open the folded pieces to get a paper flower.
- Paste the flowers on the handle of the baskets, the larger ones forming the base of the handle.
- Similarly, fold the paper flowers into two halves and paste them at the bottom of the basket.
Looking for wall decor for your home that meets and fits every budget and taste? Here you will get an amazing craft.
- It is now time to decorate the basket.
- Use decorative pearls and stick them on the flowers.
- Similarly, use golden pearls on the outer and inner base of the cardboard for decoration.
- Stick the decorative pearls on the accordion basket on both the outer and inner surface.
Your accordion basket is now ready to use. You can keep some chocolates inside and gift it to your loved ones. Your near and dear ones will simply love this basket and it is a great craft to showcase your creativity. Hope you enjoyed learning this accordion basket. It is simple and easy to make.